How to generate a Public/Private key pair for SFTP authentication using Puttygen
There are many way to create a Public/Private key pair. We recommend using PuttyGen.
- Download Puttygen from the following location:
- Select & download: puttygen.exe (save to local machine)
- Run/Open puttygen
- Select the Generate button
- Follow on-screen instructions (move mouse around to generate randomness)
- Once complete, enter a pass-phrase (this will be used when importing your key into your chosen client)
- Click: Save public key (save to local machine)
- Click: Save public key (also save to local machine)
- You will now need to send us the public key and retain the private one. This will need to be imported into Filezilla/Cuteftp or any other client you wish to use
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: