How to connect to a server via FTP
- Download and install FileZilla from [http://filezilla-project.org/
- Once installed, go to ‘Site Manager’ (click File/Site Manager from the menu)
- Click ‘New Site’ and add a site name
- Add the IP address or your domain name in the ‘Host’ field e.g. www.yourdomain.com and Enter “22” in the Port filed if you are connecting via SFTP or use “21”.
- Choose ‘normal’ for ‘Logon Type’
- Enter your username and password as specified in your setup email/myhyve client portal
- If you have a value for ‘Default Directory’ in your FTP details, enter this via the ‘Default Remote Directory’ field under the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Click Connect
- You should connect to your server and be able to upload/download files
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: