Outlook downloads duplicate emails:
We have found that there is a bug in the latest version of Outlook 2016 where it downloads multiple emails when using POP3. Another issue we have found is that Outlook may also delete these emails from the server permanently.
Check Outlook version:
The version that has this issue is version 16.0.6568.2025
To find out the version please do the following:
1. Click on File
2. Office Account (This will be on the left pane)
3. Click on ‘About Outlook’ to view the version
Revert Outlook version:
If above is true then downgrade to previous version which does not have this bug:
1. Go to File -> Office Account -> Update Options -> Disable Updates
2. Open command prompt with Administrator Privileges
3. cd C:Program FilesCommon Filesmicrosoft sharedClickToRun
4. officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.6366.2068
Tags:Outlook Outlook 2016
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 2