- Reboot or power off server
- At the console press any key or for CentOS 6, press F2
- This gets you into the grub screen
- Select the line that says kernel and click ‘e’
- Add a space and then the word ‘single’
- Click ‘b’ to boot and you will boot up in single user mode
- type passwd root and enter the new password when prompted
- type reboot and you have reset the root password
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.