Single Site WordPress file-upload configuration Settings
For single site WordPress instance, the file upload configuration can be done by changing php.ini, wp-config.php or .htaccess by as follows:
Editing /etc/php.ini file parameters
memory_limit = 100M post_max_size =100M file_uploads = On upload_max_filesize = 100M
Adding the following to the .htaccess file:
php_value upload_max_filesize 100M php_value post_max_size 100M php_value memory_limit 100M
Adding the line before the authentication keys in ‘wp-config.php’ file
Multisite WordPress File-Upload Configuration Settings
- Go to the root site as superadmin user
- Go to Network admin page, in WordPress 3.1 it should be at the top right of the admin screen.
- Click on “Settings” in the admin panel on the left hand side of the screen.
- Near the bottom of this page is a section called “Upload Settings”. Find it.
- There is a field for “Max Upload File Size”. The units are KB.
- Convert your intended file size into KB. (100MB = 100 * 1024 * 1024KB = 104857600KB) save changes at the bottom. Test the configuration.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.