Repair read only file system
- Have root password ready
- Reboot machine from vcenter whilst watching console
- Console will prompt you after a while after it fails to check the disk, you need to type in the root password
- Type FSCK, this will run the manual fixdisk program
- Just type y on the keyboard for every prompt until it finishes
- Type reboot to reboot machine. If it doesn’t reboot after 2 minutes, do a hard reboot
- It should boot up properly this time
- You can check if file system is writable by typing mkdir test
- If it creates folder, then remove it by typing rm -rf test
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.