How to setup my Cisco client VPN to access my server.
NB: This must be arranged with Hyve staff and usually carries a fee
- First of all surf to your Myhyve portal and login.
- Click on the “My Account” tab at the top and find the plan marked – VPN
- Click on the spanner icon next to the relevant VPN order item.
- You will then see all relevant login details for the following instructions, so keep that page open.
- You will also need to decrypt the relevant passwords as required later.
Next you will need to setup a Connection to your firewall.
If you are using Windows, you will need to download and install the Cisco Client VPN for your relevent Operating System:
If you are using a 64bit MAC you should use the built in VPN client software, but if you are using a 32bit MAC, you should download the client from here:
If applicable, follow the installation wizard and reboot your machine when installed.
Use the host IP and group authentication details as listed in the ‘My Account’ section of the Hyve Client Portal.
All other settings can remain default in the configuration.
For windows 8, the following registry changes are required for cisco vpn client to work:
1- regedit 2- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesCVirtA 3- Change 'Display' string data from "@oem3.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows" to "Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows" 4- close registry and restart cisco VPN client. It should be working now
Please feel free to raise a support ticket if you have any problems accessing or using this interface.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: