- Run top
- Check CPU, Ram and Swap
top - 11:40:32 up 8 min, 1 user, load average: 11.90, 1.13, 0.56 Tasks: 156 total, 8 running, 148 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu(s): 51.7%us, 17.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 26.7%id, 4.0%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st Mem: 2059588k total, 815828k used, 1243760k free, 40584k buffers Swap: 2064376k total, 0k used, 2064376k free, 437716k cached
- If the load average is above 7 there are problems
- If used memory is maxed out, the server needs more memory
- If swap is maxed out, then the server needs more memory
- Check which process in the top is at the top.
strace -p $pid
- Check network usage
- Check MySQL full process list
mysql -u$USERNAME -p'$PASSWORD' Show full process list;
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.