- Start by deploying from Linux template in vcenter
- Edit machine settings in vcenter ‘RAM/CPU/Disk Space’
- Power on
- Re-IP the machine, get IP from the spread sheet
Commands to re-IP the machines are:
>>> vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 Setup like this DEVICE="eth0" ONBOOT="yes" BOOTPROTO="static" IPADDR="184.108.40.206" NETMASK="255.255.254.0" GATEWAY="220.127.116.11"
- Change the hostname
>>> vi /etc/sysconfig/network
- To resolve the following error:
Device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialisation.
Delete the following file and reboot and then the networking will come uip rm -rf /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net-rules
- Setup SSH in mremote
- Change root password
>>> passwd type new password
- Run yum update
>>> yum update
- Install mlocate
>>> yum install mlocate >>> updatedb
- Change SELinux Settings
>>> vi /etc/selinux/config Edit to: SELINUX=disabled
- Update the disk space if required
- Update the IP tables as required
- Update MySQL admin password
To change the mysql root password use the following command: >>> mysqladmin -u root -poldpassword password newpassword
- Update Order manager with the new details
- Configure Network Firewalls
- Setup ftp user with its home directory and setup permissions
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.